Friday, February 10, 2012

Stop Bullying


I know this topic is written all over the web, and this place is no exception. We have all tried to be bullied og being the bully.  I was the one being bullied through out my school years from kinder garden to 8th grade. I don't remember that much from my time in school, exccept a few episodes both good and bad.. I had a REAL great friend from a class below me called Anja, loved that girl and still do.

Close to everyone in my own class bullied me. It all started when I got in to the class.. I started in 1st grade in this school. I came from another school because my family moved to another town. I was from another part of the country (Sealand) so my accent were FAR off from this country accent the had in my class. This started everything.. I had lice a couple of time so I got called "Lucy" from the rest of the kids. (In Denmark lice i called "Lus" therefore the name "lucy") It hurt a lot.

I got hit and kicked some days when it was really bad, and as far as I recall the teachers didn't help much.. They said something to the kids but offcourse the kids just went on with it later the same day. This is only some of the things that happened. I don't remember that much as said before. My mom has often told me that I got home crying from school and sometimes cried when i had to go to school. I "often" got permission to stay at home if I didn't wanted to go to school because of how it was for me. I was smart all through school, and had a chance to move up a class. This didn't happen allthough, because my big sister were in that class, and we didn't get along well, so my parents decided that it wasn't a good idea.

When I got to 8th grade I had to change school (the one I went to only got up to 7th grade then we all had to move to another school after this year), I wanted to change to a completely different school than the rest of the kids but I agreed with my mother that I could try this one and if the bullying didn't help I could change.. I stuck out one more year with bullying. I got a couple of friends in 8th grade but after a few months these kids learned the bullying from the kids from my old school. Therefore in 9th grade I changed to a school in another city. This was the best time of my life. I loved it, I didn't get bullied, and I got some friends.

Since then my life completely changed. I grew a bigger confidence and started believing in myself. I got my first boyfriend, allthough it didn't last more than 3 months it helped a lot, and I started to think that maybe I wasn't such a big loser after all.

ANYWAY my big point with this post is that nomatter how much you get bullied you "just" have to think about yor self. Let your self know, that it doesn't matter what other people think about you, but only what you feel about your self. So I encourage you all to meddle if you see someone getting bullied. They will be forever gratefull. We also have to think about all the suicides between young kids because of bullying. I believe that if we meddle and say something to the bullies there is a little chance that we can prevent some of the suicides from happening.

Since I began thinking like that, my confidence has grown, and I don't care if people don't like me, as long as I am satisfied with my self and what I do in my life. I am now engaged, I have been with this man for 7 years, and love him SO much and I know he loves me. And he loves me BECAUSE of how I am. weird, not normal and just being me and that I don't give a shit about what other people say about me and think about me. I want to end this post with a quote I just LOVE! I heard the quote in the movie "What a girl wants", and it just stuck with me, because it is just SO beautiful.

"WHY ARE YOU TRYING SO HARD TO FIT IN, WHEN YOU ARE BORNED TO STAND OUT?"

Take a minut to think about it, and think about your life and how much you care about what other people think about you.. It is good not to care sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment